Growing up, I've always loved to write. It was always my dream to travel the world, take photographs, and write about it all. I wrote my very first book when I was about 6 years old, and my mom still has it! Of'course it was never published or anything like that, but looking back on it now, it's not too bad for a young child to put together. Throughout my school years, I always achieved awesome grades on my writing assignments. Once, I even won $50 on a poem I wrote for drug and alcohol awareness week at school. Although there is always room for improvement, and mistakes are made, I've always been proud of what I wrote. Unfortunately, over the last few years, I've really been slacking on sitting down and taking the time to write. Every once in a blue moon, I'd write about something going on in my life, or come up with a quick little poem. Up until the last couple years, I had even been keeping a diary for as long as I can remember. As I got older, the entries became less and less. From being so passionate, and having such big dreams for my writing, I haven't devoted any time to it. I guess I just grew up, and had more important things to take care of, and have gotten lazy in my down time.
Since there have been so many new things going on in my life, so many major life changing events in just the last couple years, and so many things that I have been learning- I would like to start writing again, by beginning this blog. Lately, I've been following lots of other blogging and vlogging momma's and have finally decided that I'd like to become a bigger part of the club. And hey, who knows, maybe this blogging thing could lead to something bigger.
As I am still learning how to set up my blog, and get some things on here, please bare with me. I hope to get it up and running as soon as possible. Feel free to leave me any comments and suggestions.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Welcome to my very first blog. I am just getting started so there might not be a whole lot here just yet. In this blog I hope to share and talk about a few things that I am interested in. A few keypoints:
- I'm a soon to be mommy for the very first time. As I am writing this, I am currently 28 and half weeks pregnant with a baby boy! Planning to cloth diaper the whole way too!
- My husband and I are newly weds. We were married on October 6th, 2012. (We found out we were pregnant just 4 days before the wedding! - I guess it wasn't just wedding planning stress that was going on with me and causing so much anxiety! LOL)
- I love learning new things!
- I try to use natural and organic alternatives as much as possible.
- Like most women, I love to shop! I try to be a frugal as possible and watch for those good deals.
- City girl with country a charm
- Although, I've been around it my whole life, I'm pretty new at gardening on my own, but I really enjoy it and of'course I LOVE having those fresh, organic veggies! (Fruits too, but I can't seem to get those to ever grow ripe enough)
- Last, but not least, I love being crafty!
at 8:17 AM